Springfield Voting Guide (Updated)
Polling places and more.
Despite Sandy, the 2012 election will take place as scheduled. The latest information on polling places is listed below.
- Districts 1 through 4 will be voting at the Sarah Bailey Center
- Districts 5 through 9 will be voting at Florence Gaudineer School
- Districts 10 through 14 will be voting at Thelma Sandmeier School
The following information is from Springfield Municipal Clerk Linda Donnelly. Your district number will be on the sample ballot you received in the mail.
If the resident usually votes in Districts 1 and 4 at the Presbyterian Parish House, then tomorrow they vote at Sarah Bailey Civic Center with Districts 2 and 3.
If the resident usually votes in Districts 5 and 6, Caldwell School, they will vote in Gaudineer School with Districts 7, 8 and 9.
If the resident votes in Districts 10, 13 or 14 at Walton School, they will vote at Sandmeier School with Districts 11 and 12.
Also, the county has instituted a vote by email or fax option to residents affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Here are the steps:
- Print and sign a Vote-by-Mail ballot application, available here (Solicitud de "Voto por Correo" (Spanish) PDF ).
- You can email your completed form to email@example.com or fax it to 908-558-3592.
- The deadline for this ballot-request option is Nov. 6 at 5p.m. The Board of Elections has to receive it by 8pm on November 6th by email to UCBOE@ucnj.org OR by fax to 908-527-4127.
Those New Jersey voters who have had to relocate to a state where they are not registered, due to the hurricane, according to elections officials, can still vote on Election Day in that state with a provisional ballot. Voters who havce been displaced to other counties in NJ also can vote via the mail or fax option.
If you decide to mail in a ballot, because you were displaced by Hurricane Sandy, the ballot must by postmarked by today, Nov. 5, and will be accepted and counted as long as it is received by the Board of Elections (271 North Broad Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07207) by Nov. 19.