Invite a friend
"Dreaming This Time" - songs with Barbara McCarthy
The Springfield Public Library invites
you to enjoy an afternoon of music with Barbara McCarthy.Everybody has a dream and you'll find yours in
Barbara McCarthy's show, DREAMING THIS TIME.
“I Dreamed a Dream” that “Maybe This Time” “I Loved”
“My Man” at “A Bar on the Piccolo Marina”. These songs, a dreamy tango
and dreams of paradise are found in songs by Gershwin, Berlin, Brel and others.
Barbara McCarthy has appeared off-Broadway in the long-running improvisational hit “The Proposition” at The Manhattan Theatre Club, and with the New Jersey State Opera Company and the Stuyvesant Opera Company in New York City. She has portrayed roles in regional theatre
ranging from Hedy Larue in “How to Succeed” to Zerlna in “Don Giovanni”.
She has recorded three CDs, Barbara McCarthy
Sings!, By George-the Songs of George Gershwin, and is currently working on Dreaming This Time.
More About Springfield Free Public Library
The Springfield Free Public Library offers reference books, fiction and non-fiction books, books on tape, magazines, periodicals, online resources, various adult and children's classes and more. The single floor library is broken down into the main library, a multi-purpose room, a video and music rental area, two small quiet rooms, a youth room and a small art museum.
While the library was established in 1931 by the Springfield parent-teacher association, the present-day building the library occupies was erected in 1969.
Other events here
- Chair Yoga with Pamela Nixon Weekly on Fridays, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm
- Storycraft at the Library Weekly on Fridays, 4:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Mother Goose Group at the Library May 3, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Lunchtime Film Series Tue, May 28, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Wii games at the library Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Yoga Storytime May 10, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- 23-year-old Springfield Native To Talk About College Admissions at the Springfield Public Library Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm
- Renewed Church Monthly, 1:30 pm–4:00 pm
- New Traveling Exhibition Tells the Story of Abraham Lincoln’s Struggle to Meet the Constitutional Challenges of the Civil War Daily,
- Attic Treasures Sale June 28, 2013 / June 29, 2013, 10:00 am–5:00 pm