Invite a friend
Jonathan Dayton High School Annual Art Show
The Springfield Public Library’s Donald B. Palmer
Museum is exhibiting the Seventh Annual Jonathan Dayton High School Advanced Art Students’ Show from February 11th through March 22th, 2013.
The showcase features work done by Dayton’s Advanced Placement Studio Art students. Artwork from the
students’ AP portfolios is being exhibited. The portfolios will be submitted to the College Board in May for college credit. Advanced artwork from JDHS Portfolio Honors classes, Open Studio, Drawing and Painting, and Foundations of Studio Art students will also be on
There will be a reception hosted by the Dayton Chapter of the National Art Honor Society on March 7, Thursday, at 5:45 p.m. in the museum with refreshments. Music will be provided by JDHS music instructor, David Hilton, and the JDHS Strings. A National Art Honor Society
Induction Ceremony for new members will be held from 6:15-6:45 pm.
More About Springfield Free Public Library
The Springfield Free Public Library offers reference books, fiction and non-fiction books, books on tape, magazines, periodicals, online resources, various adult and children's classes and more. The single floor library is broken down into the main library, a multi-purpose room, a video and music rental area, two small quiet rooms, a youth room and a small art museum.
While the library was established in 1931 by the Springfield parent-teacher association, the present-day building the library occupies was erected in 1969.
Other events here
- Chair Yoga with Pamela Nixon Weekly on Fridays, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm
- Storycraft at the Library Weekly on Fridays, 4:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Mother Goose Group at the Library May 3, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Lunchtime Film Series Tue, May 28, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Wii games at the library Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Yoga Storytime May 10, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- 23-year-old Springfield Native To Talk About College Admissions at the Springfield Public Library Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm
- Renewed Church Monthly, 1:30 pm–4:00 pm
- New Traveling Exhibition Tells the Story of Abraham Lincoln’s Struggle to Meet the Constitutional Challenges of the Civil War Daily,
- Attic Treasures Sale June 28, 2013 / June 29, 2013, 10:00 am–5:00 pm