Invite a friend
New Jersey’s Natural Wonders & Historic Treasures New Jersey’s State Parks -
Some of New Jersey’s most exciting history can be found in our more than two dozen State Parks. Old names such as Wawayands and Hopatcong remind us of the Lenni Lenape, or “Original People.” Historic battlefields recall Nor Jersey’s perilous years as the “Crossroads of the American Revolution.” Abandoned forges still speak of our first great industry, and we can trace the beginnings of our transportation network in the paths of the Morris and the Delaware & Raritan Canals. The slide show includes original photography of many of New Jersey’s beautiful state parks, including vintage maps and images of historic people, places, and events.
This program, offered on Monday, May 7, 2012 at 1 pm, is presented by Kevin Woyce who is an author, photographer and lecturer . His regional history books include Jersey Shore History and Facts: Hudson River Lighthouses and & History: New Jersey State Parks: History and Facts: and Liberty: the Amazing Story of America’s Favorite Statue. Back by popular demand, Woyce has presented a number of his lectures at the Springfield Library in the past.
The admission is free and open to all, having been made possible by the Friends of the Springfield Free Public Library. The Springfield Free Public Library is located at 66 Mountain Avenue, Springfield. For additional information, call 973-376-4930. All are welcome.
More About Springfield Free Public Library
The Springfield Free Public Library offers reference books, fiction and non-fiction books, books on tape, magazines, periodicals, online resources, various adult and children's classes and more. The single floor library is broken down into the main library, a multi-purpose room, a video and music rental area, two small quiet rooms, a youth room and a small art museum.
While the library was established in 1931 by the Springfield parent-teacher association, the present-day building the library occupies was erected in 1969.
Other events here
- Chair Yoga with Pamela Nixon Weekly on Fridays, 12:30 pm–1:30 pm
- Storycraft at the Library Weekly on Fridays, 4:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Mother Goose Group at the Library May 3, 2013 / May 7, 2013 / May 11, 2013 / May 14, 2013 / May 21, 2013 / May 25, 2013 / May 29, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- Lunchtime Film Series Tue, May 28, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Wii games at the library Weekly on Wednesdays, 4:00 pm–5:00 pm
- Yoga Storytime May 10, 2013 / May 17, 2013 / May 31, 2013, 10:30 am–11:00 am
- 23-year-old Springfield Native To Talk About College Admissions at the Springfield Public Library Mon, Jun 10, 7:00 pm
- Renewed Church Monthly, 1:30 pm–4:00 pm
- New Traveling Exhibition Tells the Story of Abraham Lincoln’s Struggle to Meet the Constitutional Challenges of the Civil War Daily,
- Attic Treasures Sale June 28, 2013 / June 29, 2013, 10:00 am–5:00 pm