Anticipating traffic problems caused by the 2-year Pulaski Skyway Construction Project, state Dept. of Transportation has added a new Route 22 bus route that will originate in Watchung and deliver passengers to Newark Penn Station beginning March 3.
The NJ Transit #95 line will run on weekdays only
Here are the specifics, per NJ Transit:
The NJ TRANSIT No. 95 Line service:
- Will operate inbound trips ONLY during a.m. service
- Will operate from 5:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. from the Sears Park & Ride
- Will operate outbound trips ONLY during p.m. service
- Will operate from 3:30 to 7 p.m. from the Market Street Bus Lane at NPS
- Eight one-way trips will operate at 30-minute intervals in each direction
- Does not provide continuing trip ticket privilege
- Parking fee is not required
The NJ TRANSIT No. 95 Line service will operate on Route 22, Mountain Avenue and Morris Avenue serving Springfield and Union Center, then express via Route 22 and Route 21 to Newark. This route also will serve existing bus stops along Route 22 in and through Springfield and Union centers.
Buses will operate from the new Park & Ride located in the Sears parking lot at the intersection of Route 22 and Terrill Road (west side of Terrill Road).
The No. 95 Line is a 4-zone, exact fare intrastate service and will accept all standard NJ TRANSIT tickets, passes and fares, including transfers and student tickets.
For information, please call NJ TRANSIT Customer Service at (973) 275-5555 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. daily.