Through February 7, Jersey Cares plans to collect and distribute more than 60,000 winter coats to men, women and children in need throughout New Jersey.
Coats can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Summit Area YMCA, 67 Maple Avenue, Summit, N.J. Coats accepted Mon. through Fri., 5 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Saturday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. For more information, call (908) 273-3330 ext.1186
- Javerbaum Wurgaft Hicks Kahn Wikstrom & Sinins, 505 Morris Avenue, 2nd Floor, Springfield, N.J. Coats accepted Mon. through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, call (973) 379-4200.
- PSE&G, 24 Brown Avenue, Springfield, N.J. Coats accepted Mon. through Friday, 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, call (973) 912-3865.
- Forming a Collection Site: By forming your own collection site, you offer neighbors and community members a convenient location to donate their coats and ensure that more coats make it to those in need. You can establish a private or public collection site during the whole coat drive or for a shorter period of time (i.e., two months, two weeks, a few days, or just one day). After receiving your collection site form, Jersey Cares will send you a Collection Site Kit that includes posters, site instructions, sorting instructions and directions to your nearest drop off location. Please note that all collection sites are required to deliver their coats directly to their local container site – individual pick-ups are not able to be arranged due to the size of this program.
- Sorting Coats: Volunteer sorting projects will be held from November through February. Please contact the Jersey Cares office to schedule your sorting date.
- Special Events: Jersey Cares will invite coat drop off at events such as New Jersey Devils hockey games and select Rutgers University and Seton Hall University basketball games throughout the duration of the drive. Information is available on the Jersey Cares Web site, www.jerseycares.org.
- Make a Financial Contribution or Become a Coat Drive Sponsor: The Coat Drive is an enormous undertaking and requires financial support to create its tremendous impact. Sponsors receive multiple benefits. Please contact Sherry Lynn Fazio at Jersey Cares, if you are interested in becoming a sponsor. Phone: (973) 424-1091. E-mail: email@example.com.
- Receiving Coats (for 501(c)(3) nonprofit agencies only): If you are a nonprofit agency or school, you can request gently used, warm winter coats for your clientele or students. Please contact the Jersey Cares office at (973) 424-1091 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.